Refuse and Recycling Events and Updates
Please note the following waste and recycling opportunities for town residents this fall and share with anyone who may find these programs of interest:
Upcoming Refuse and Recycling Events
- 10/17 Paper Shred Event - 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- 10/17 Compost Bin/Rain Barrel Sale (1:30 pm – 4:00 pm) - Purchase rain barrels, compost bins, and related equipment at a 50% discount off retail prices. Purchases can be made online through October 14 for pickup at this event. Please click here for more information.
- Free Brush Disposal - 10/10 and 11/7 (7:00 am - 3:00 pm)
- Sunday Leaf Drop - 10/18 thru 11/22 (8:00 am to 4:00 pm)
- Hazardous Household Waste Collections - 10/31 and 11/14 (8:00 am-1:00 pm)
Wednesday Hours at the Transfer Station
Modified Wednesday hours at the Transfer Station for the last six (6) weeks of Daylight Savings Time are 7:00 am – 6:00 pm, effective September 23, 2020 and ending on November 1, 2020. (Bulky Waste Facility hours will maintain standard operating hours - Monday – Saturday; 7:00 am – 3:00 pm.)
- Residents are reminded to please separate and deposit food waste in the sealed container at the Transfer Station. Last fiscal year, this food waste collection program saved tax dollars by diverting 5.65 tons of food waste from Glastonbury’s waste stream.
- Only the following recyclable materials are acceptable at the Town’s Satellite Recyclable drop-offs:
- Newspapers, magazines, office paper, junk mail
- Box board (cereal & pasta boxes)
- Glass & metal food beverage containers
- Plastic containers #1 through #7 and waxed cartons
Should you witness misuse at town refuse and recycling sites, please contact the Glastonbury Police Department at (860) 633-8301.