Weekly Town Manager COVID-19 Update - September 29, 2020
Recent COVID-19 updates for the Town of Glastonbury are summarized herein.
Glastonbury COVID-19 Figures as of 9/27/2020
Note: Numbers in (parentheses) indicate a change from the previous week.
IMPORTANT DATA UPDATE! - As noted last week, the graph below will ONLY include POSITIVE and probable cases going forward. Negative test results will be excluded to focus on positive case data/trends.
Per CT DPH lab testing data available 9/27/20, 7860 (+421) COVID-19 tests have been conducted on residents. Of those 7,860 tests, 365 (+6) are laboratory-confirmed positive and probable cases of COVID-19. This week’s results include data corrections for previous weeks. Positive cases were added for April (+1), July (+3), and September (+2). Data correction occurs if test results are not timely provided to DPH, are received in paper form (requiring manual data entry), or need “cleaning” (e.g. clarification of name or demographic data) prior to entry into the disease surveillance database. Regrettably, a death from August increases the number of Glastonbury residents lost to 84 (+1). By gender, 208 (+5) female and 157 (+1) male positive test results have been received.
- View the Connecticut COVID-19 website, including resources & data points
- Latest COVID-19 Data on Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities
* Data from DPH is considered preliminary and data changes as new reports are received and data errors are corrected. In an ongoing process of data assessment, DPH continues to modify how certain disease-positive lab results are considered, changing some previous counts. Probable cases of COVID-19 involve persons who have not had confirmatory laboratory testing (RT-PCR) performed for COVID-19, but whose symptoms indicate they are likely to have a COVID-19 infection. In Connecticut, most of the probable COVID-19 cases involve persons whose death certificates list COVID-19 disease or SARS-CoV-2 as a cause of death or a significant condition contributing to death. Prior to June 1, probable and confirmed cases were reported together.
Appointment - Based Flu Clinics Offered this October
The Glastonbury Health Department will offer 3 flu clinics this October at the Riverfront Community Center on the dates below. Due to the Coronavirus, appointments will be required and face masks/coverings are mandatory for entry (no exceptions). To schedule your flu shot, contact the Customer Service Center at (860) 652-7710. For more information on these clinics, including insurance accepted, consent forms and more, please visit www.glastonbury-ct.gov/flushot.
- Thursday, October 1; 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm (Ages 19+ only)
- Saturday, October 10; 10:00 am - 2:00 pm (Family Event - Ages 6 months and older)
- Thursday, October 22; 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm (Ages 19+ only)
- WTML Now Open Saturdays – Visit their website for modified hours/services.
- Records/Title Searching Workstations - Now in Meeting Room C in Academy Building
- Legal Notices – Posted online until further notice at www.glastonbury-ct.gov/legalnotice
- Absentee ballot resources – www.glastonbury-ct.gov/absentee
- State of Connecticut COVID-19 updates - www.ct.gov/coronavirus
- Glastonbury COVID-19 updates - www.glastonbury-ct.gov/covid19
- Town Facebook Pages for Real-Time Updates - Click here to view all Town Facebook pages.
Richard J. Johnson