2143 Main Street Glastonbury
Dave Sacchitella, Building Superintendent, (860) 652-7706
Lori Riley, Executive Assistant, (860) 652-7703
Robert Planeta, Building Supervisor, (860) 652-7704
Daniel Fichera, Custodial Supervisor, (860) 652-7707
Crystal Redding, Facilities Support Specialist, (860) 652-4652
Fax: (860) 368-2233
How Can We Help You?
The mission of the Facilities Maintenance Department is to provide comprehensive operations and maintenance management of all municipal buildings and facilities to ensure cost effective operations, high quality customer service, and exceptional working environment. Manage all capital building construction projects for the Town and the Board of Education. The Academy Complex, previously accounted for separately, is now part of the Facilities Maintenance budget. Activities in the Academy Complex include Town facilities, Information Technology, and the Recreation Department, including several Parks & Recreation sponsored programs and activities.
- Manage all utilities, communications services, and accounts valued at over $1,500,000, annually, for all Town Departments annually
- Perform in-house maintenance, repair, custodial services, and improvements for over 322,000 sq. ft. of facilities
- Manage over 26 facilities services and on-call professional services, annually
- Manage an average of $5 million of construction, annually
- Provide staff support to the Public Buildings Commission
- Manage custodial services for town facilities
- Oversee capital building projects for the Town and Glastonbury Public Schools
All public building projects are managed by the Department and staff support is provided to the Public Buildings Commission. The Public Buildings Commission acts at the direction of the Town Council in matters pertaining to the acquisition, construction and/or modification of public buildings and land directly associated therewith by the town, and shall perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Town Council.
Town Facilities – Closures and Modified Schedules during COVID-19
Updated August 17, 2020
During the pandemic, Town staff are continuing to work in the office or remotely during normal operating hours.
The Academy Building (Offices of Parks & Recreation, IT, Facilities, Probate) remains CLOSED to the public until further notice:
These Town Facilities are OPEN*
*Please NOTE: The Town is NOT sanitizing surfaces at recreational facilities so please use at your own risk, practice social distancing, and wear masks when a 6 foot distance from non-household members cannot be maintained.*
- Academy Cafeteria – for Title and Public Record searching only during select walk-in hours.