As of October 26, 2020, Passport Processing Services will be available on a reduced schedule and limited basis in the Friends Room of WTML. Appointments may be made for individual, adult citizens only and applicants must observe the COVID-19 protocols outlined below. These modified processes have been implemented to ensure the health and safety of Town staff and applicants and we appreciate your cooperation and compliance.
Scheduling an Appointment
Appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance by contacting the Customer Service Center at (860) 652-7710.
All appointments will be held in the Friends Room of WTML and will be scheduled within the following service hours:
- Monday - 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Tuesdays and Thursdays - 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
What to Bring / Expect at your Appointment
During the pandemic, all applicants must follow these COVID-19 appointment guidelines:
- Only 1 applicant will be permitted in the Friends Room at a time. Please make any necessary arrangements for children or family members accordingly.
- Wear a face mask/covering over the nose and mouth at all times while in the WTML building.
- Bring all required documentation and copies, completed application, check payment (no cash), identification, and passport photo with you to the appointment.
- Pens and copy-making will NOT be available to minimize contact and document handling.
- You will need to reschedule your appointment if you do not have all of the required items.
- Upon arrival, please remain in your vehicle and, at your scheduled appointment time, call the passport Agent at (860) 652-2212 to inform her of your arrival. (please do not call early as the Agent may be with another applicant)
- Over the phone, the Agent will review a health screening checklist with you and confirm you are alone, have all of your required paperwork and payment, and are wearing a face covering.* The Agent will then let you know you may enter the building. Enter the rear WTML entrance through the double doors and go to your immediate left towards the Friends Room. Take a seat at the end of the table opposite the Agent. A Plexiglas unit will separate both parties and the Agent will proceed with the appointment
* PLEASE NOTE: If you do NOT pass the health screening checklist, or do not have all your required documentation and check payment, your appointment will be rescheduled.
Cancellations / Rescheduling
If you, or anyone you have come into contact with is experiencing symptoms of any illness, or has traveled to an area on the state travel advisory list and has not completed the required quarantine, please contact the Customer Service Center to cancel or reschedule your appointment as soon as possible. Thank you for being courteous of our staff members' health and well-being.
Glastonbury is now offering passport application processing for New and Lost/Stolen passport applications BY APPOINTMENT ONLY in Glastonbury Town Hall and the Welles Turner Memorial Library. All appointments must be made through the Town Hall Customer Service Center (see contact information below).
Passport Renewals are NOT available, excluding renewals for minors (under 18 y/o) and passports that have been expired for more than 5 years. Adult renewals are done by mail. Please visit the U.S. Department of State website for more information on renewals.
Please note, Probate Court is no longer providing passport services.
To make an appointment, please contact the Glastonbury Customer Service Center at (860) 652-7710 or email@example.com between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday-Friday. If you are unable to make your appointment, please contact the Customer Service Center to cancel/reschedule during normal business hours (Mon-Fri from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm), and contact WTML directly to cancel Saturday appointments when calling outside these hours.
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 1:00 - 3:30 pm
Welles-Turner Memorial Library
Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:00 – 8:00 pm
Saturdays 9:30 am - 12:00 pm (noon)
What to Bring
- Passport Applications (DS-11 or DS-5504): Passport Applications can be obtained at https://travel.state.gov, in the Customer Service Center at Town Hall, or at the Welles Turner Memorial Library (WTML).
- Passport Photo - The Town does NOT provide photo services therefore please bring your passport photo, which can be taken at a number of local pharmacies, as well as the UPS store on Main Street.
- Supporting Documents - Personal Identification, Citizenship evidence, proof of relationship - The required documentation will depend on the type of passport you need. Please visit the https://travel.state.gov website to verify which forms you need, or contact our Customer Service Center at (860) 652-7710.
- Applicable Fees: Passport fees are listed in the tables below. The U.S Dept. of State fee can be submitted in the form of check or money order, (checks made payable to the "U.S. Department of State") and the Town of Glastonbury processing fee may be made in cash, money order, or a check made payable to the "Town of Glastonbury".
- For expired passports only - Current passport
- For minors only - Original long form birth certificate with parents' information is required
Passport fees are listed in the tables below. The U.S Dept. of State fee can be submitted in the form of check or money order, (checks made payable to the "U.S. Department of State") and the Town of Glastonbury processing fee may be made in cash, money order, or a check made payable to the "Town of Glastonbury".
|Passport BOOKS||UNDER 16|| AGES 16
|U.S. Department of State:||
|Town of Glastonbury||
|Passport CARDS||UNDER 16||AGES 16
|U.S. Department of State:||
|Town of Glastonbury||$35||$35|
Normal processing time is 6 weeks however passport applications can be expedited with a 3 week turnaround time for an additional fee of $60.00 plus postage costs. Effective January 27, 2020, the 1-2 Day Delivery Service Fee is an additional $17.13 (applicable for passport BOOKS only and addresses within the U.S.). For example, an adult passport, expedited for 1-2 Day Delivery would be $187.13. Please contact the Customer Service Center for additional postage charge fees for expedited passports or with any questions regarding these State Dept. regulated fees.
If you require further information, please visit http://travel.state.gov or call the Glastonbury Customer Service Center at (860) 652-7710.